To be eligible to receive funding from the Walsh Graduate Student Support Initiative…
• …you must be a McPherson Eye Research Institute member at UW–Madison.
• …you must be a faculty member (or staff with principal investigator status) currently training a graduate student with a vision research-focused thesis project.
• …the graduate student must already be enrolled at UW-Madison at the time of application.
• …the graduate student must not have fellowship support from another internal or external source for the requested period of McPherson ERI funding.
• …the graduate student must agree to present data that was obtained with support from the Walsh GSSI at a McPherson ERI-sponsored event (e.g., our monthly seminar series or our Fall poster session) within 1–2 years of receiving their award.
• …you and the graduate student must agree to acknowledge support from “UW–Madison McPherson Eye Research Institute Walsh Graduate Student Support Initiative” on any publication that results from research funded by the GSSI award.
• …you must agree to expend all funds within one year of issuance or remaining monies will be retained by the Institute. Award extensions will not be granted.